If there’s a cake that fits every occasion and that almost everyone likes to eat, then it’s this gluten free apple pie. Similar to banana bread, it is the perfect way to use leftover fruits and avoid throwing them away. I have a quick and simple recipe for you, which will definitely work.
That’s what you need:
130 g butter
150 g sugar
200g gluten-free flour (Schär cakes & biscuits)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
Here’s the deal:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius top/bottom heat, grease a springform pan.
- Peel the apples, quarter them and cut them on the round surface with a knife, but do not cut them through.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and salt and pour the dough into the springform pan.
- Press the apples evenly into the dough and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
I made this gluten free apple pie with my Thermomix. You can also find the “glutened” recipe in the Thermomix cookbook.
Have fun baking and enjoy!