Practically, this recipe was gluten free right from the start, so I was spared long experiments and rewriting process. It makes a perfect creamy and not too heavy cheese cake everybody loves. And by everybody I mean literally everybody. You shouldn’t be lactose intolerant though. If you love gluten free cheese cake as much as I do, try this recipe!
What you need:
125g soft butter
750g low-fat curd cheese
500g cream cheese
1 vanilla pudding powder (Dr. Oetker is gluten free according to DZG)
2 tbsp. corn starch
Here’s the deal:
- Separate eggs.
- Mix the butter with the sugar and add the egg yolks.
- Stir in the low-fat curd cheese, the cream cheese and the pudding powder.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the quark with the cornflour.
- Bake the cake at 180 degrees Celsius top/bottom heat for about 1.5 hours. To prevent it from getting too dark, place aluminium foil over the cake after about an hour.
- Let it cool to almost room temperature, I swear it tastes best when it’s still a little warm.
The perfect cheese cake is ready.
You love cheese cake as well as I do? Then try my recipe for this gluten free no bake cheese cake.