Ripe bananas left? With this recipe for juicy gluten free banana bread, they are used perfectly. I personally love gluten free banana bread as it is a great snack when you are working or during long train rides and it’s so easy to make. Have a try!
80g coconut blossom sugar
280g gluten-free flour (I used Farine from Schär)
2 teaspoons baking powder
optional: 1 teaspoon ground psyllium – I always use FiberHUSK
1 teaspoon cinnamon
a loaf pan
There you go:
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (top / bottom heat).
- First melt the butter in a small pot.
- Meanwhile mash the bananas with a fork. Mix the butter with the eggs and sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. I like to sieve the gluten free flour, then it doesn’t clump so quickly.
- Add the butter-sugar-egg mixture and the bananas to the flour mixture and combine with a hand mixer until you have a smooth dough.
- Pour the dough into the cake tin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 – 40 minutes. The baking time depends on the oven, so I recommend to keep an eye on the banana bread after 30 minutes and to stick a wooden stick into the dough from time to time. If no more dough sticks to the stick, the gluten free banana bread is ready to come out of the oven and has to cool down a little.
Have fun baking and enjoy!