The classic on the alp while skiing or also at home for breakfast, brunch or any other imaginable time of day. This recipe makes your gluten free Kaiserschmarrn really fluffy, just the way it should be!
You need this:
350g gluten-free flour
6 eggs, separated
400 ml milk
2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
1 pinch of sea salt
olive oil for baking
Powdered sugar for icing
Kaiserschmarren becomes particularly fluffy with a teaspoon of ground psyllium seed shells (I love FiberHUSK).
That’s how it works:
- Mix the flour with egg yolk, milk, coconut sugar and salt to a smooth dough and let it swell for a few minutes.
- Beat the egg whites until firm.
- Carefully stir in the beaten egg white to make a smooth, fluffy dough.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large pan and pour in a portion of dough. After turning for the first time, tear the dough into pieces with the aid of two forks and bake according to the desired browning.
- Sprinkle the gluten free Kaiserschmarrn with icing sugar and serve hot.
Have fun baking and enjoy your breakfast or whatever time it is where you are!