My favorite cake for cheat days. No matter how healthy my meal plan has been during the last few years, there has always been some space for sweets. There are some days when you’re craving sweets and that is completely normal. What you should know is that sweets are okay – as long as you know your limit! This recipe for gluten free sponge cake is for everyone who loves cake but can’t control themselves when starting eating sweets. The amazing thing about this cake is that you don’t need to have a bad conscience as soon as you take one bite. Interested? Just try it!
For the base you need:
80g glutenfree fluor
1 tsp baking powder
60g coconut blossom sugar
For the cream you need:
2 cups whipped cream
3 Tbsp coconut blossom sugar
Let’s start with the base!
- Separate the eggs and beat the egg white together with half of the sugar.
- Whisk the egg yolk together with the other half of the sugar.
- Kindly mix both egg mixtures.
- Add the flour and the baking powder. To avoid the flour to grain up I usually sieve the gluten free flour before adding it to the dough.
- Bake the base at 180°C for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by whipping the cream, adding the curd and sugar.
- Let the base cool down before spreading the cream. Now add fruit of your choice.
Enjoy your gluten free sponge cake with fresh berries!